**Dynamic work from home opportunity for Nevada Residents - - Nevada applicants only!! Please read entire job description before applying**
Are you a customer service and a goal driven professional? Passionate about patient care?
Nationally recognized diabetic supply company in need of Referral Coordinators!
The Referral Coordinator will be responsible for receiving and coordinating new patient referrals and pulling through document requests in an efficient and streamlined way that satisfies provider office needs. Referral Coordinators provide outstanding follow-up that exceeds provider’s expectations, and by establishing relationships with provider contacts they further facilitate new provider requests and patient serviceability. Responsible for supporting the success and accelerated growth objectives of the Managed Care.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Utilize relationship building skills, and ever-growing expertise, to manage referrals and streamline the communication and document collection processes.
- Connect with referral sources doing all they can to identify key individuals, establish excellent rapport with key individuals and ensure the prescriber’s needs are exceeded to the best of their ability.
- Understand the nuances of the insurance, insurance groups and respective coverage details thoroughly so as to begin creating a level of expertise for their respective areas.
- Identifies insurance plans that present opportunities and presents them to team for potential contracting opportunities.
- Monitors and troubleshoots pending files as requested.
- Provides patient follow-up / updates as needed to ensure provider’s expectations are exceeded.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records.
- Attends all department, team, and weekly company meetings as required
- Provides feedback as to how to improve processes, policies and growth trends
Education and Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED required, some college preferred
- 1-2 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be computer literate, organized, and able to multi-task to prioritize functions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from partners, prescribers and customers and general public required
- Excellent customer service skills, including phone and inter-personal skills
- Work history of excellent attendance and punctuality
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred; knowledge of diabetes a plus
- Some experience with medical insurance and/or DME a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish (read, write, and speak) preferred
- Self-starter, self-motivated, reliable, and engaged
Monday - Friday. No weekends!
For immediate consideration please apply to this position and email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of resume and reference Job ID 769641 - Referral Coordinator (WFH)