Work from Home Opportunity!
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible for assigning ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes and CPT-4 procedure codes to patient records from client hospitals. This job entails scanning for accuracy and completeness of records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign appropriate level and procedure codes using the CPT-4 manual and criteria established Base Point Billing Center. Assign appropriate diagnosis codes using ICD-10-CM code book to hospital visits.
- Review and code a minimum of 18 charts per hour.
- Report coding problems or irregularities to Medical Coding Manager.
- Exercises knowledge of medical terminology and physiological systems, as well as Medicare coding rules and regulations.
- Attend company meetings, weekly meetings, and workshops/seminars as scheduled.
- Read all memos, bulletins, updates, and educational material supplied and be responsible for the content.
- Performance of other non-essential duties that may be requested by the Manager or Director.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- CPC or RHIT preferred;
- Minimum one (1) year experience in medical coding and/or medical terminology and billing experience;
- Good data entry and computer skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work overtime as needed.