Work From Home Opportunity!
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible for assigning CPT-4 procedure codes to patient records from client hospital Emergency Departments. This job entails scanning for accuracy and completeness of records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign appropriate EM level and procedure codes using the CPT-4 manual and criteria established by Alcoa Billing Operation Center.
- Review and code a minimum of 24 – 45 charts per hour depending on assignments.
- Report coding problems or irregularities to Medical Coding Manager.
- Exercises knowledge of medical terminology and physiological systems.
- Attend company meetings, weekly meetings, and workshops/seminars as scheduled.
- Read all memos, bulletins, updates, and educational material supplied and be responsible for the content.
- Performance of other non-essential duties that may be requested by the Manager or Director.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Requires previous knowledge of medical terminology and prefer six months experience in medical coding.