If you are looking for a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference every day, then this is the opportunity for you! We currently have a full-time opening for a Supply Chain Specialist in Carlsbad, CA.
This position is responsible for….
- Planning and procurement of goods and services such as raw materials, parts, components, supplies, and equipment. Responsible for the management of supplier relationships, commodity tactics, and special projects.
- Responsible for planning, purchasing, and sourcing parts, finished goods, raw materials and/or tooling.
- Provide supply chain support to new product programs.
- Manage and develop supplier relationships from original sourcing, selection, contracting, pricing, and performance measurement.
- Must have strong leadership and team management skills necessary to achieve company and department strategic and tactical goals.
- Effectively resolve supplier quality corrective actions.
- Manage offshore and domestic commodities.
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously; negotiate procurement terms and conditions
- Implement JIT, VMI and other productive methods to achieve results. Use Lean principles to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related area.
- Five years’ experience in the purchasing field with specialization in negotiations, technical buying in assigned commodities, and ERP tools.
- Contract review experience required; contract writing a plus.
- Excellent computer skills with business integrated systems a must. Office software, including ERP/MRP, Excel and other PC based skills a requirement.
- APICS Certification
Our client has insurance benefits that are effective the 1st of the month after your hire date.
- Medical /Dental /Vision plans
- PTO (paid time off)
- Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance / STD / LTD