Our client has an immediate need for a Business Analyst UAT. This is a contract position that will run to the end of the year and then has an excellent chance of being extended for at least 6 more months. Candidates will have to be able to go onsite 2 days a week once the office opens up.
The Business Analyst will serve as a liaison between the users/stakeholders and IT implementation teams on projects across Group Companies in adherence to the User Acceptance Framework. The User Acceptance Framework defines an enhanced relationship between IT and the user community through engagement early and often, additional transparency from IT and users, and high levels of collaboration throughout the SDLC. The Analyst will be responsible for developing Acceptance Test Plans, ensuring completion of User Acceptance Checklists, Updating Execution Plans, and delivering information through weekly statuses. The Analyst will own the reporting of User Acceptance metrics and analysis of KPIs. The Analyst will also work with Quality and Release Management leadership to maintain processes and practices necessary to retain accurate information; and improve upon them if necessary.
- Coordinate varying User Acceptance preparations and activities for dedicated Early Business Testing (EBT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) periods including, but not limited to, data needs, access needs, environment needs, business scenario documentation, etc.
- Create User Acceptance test plans in collaboration with the business managers/stakeholders, business users, business analysts, IT teams, and project managers.
- Monitor User Acceptance Testing [execution] efforts and work with users to record and mitigate any issues/delays.
- Manage relationships with both internal and external teams/customers/stakeholders.
- Provide critical feedback and action-oriented recommendations that provide value for User Acceptance processes across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with end users from various levels and departments on User Acceptance planning efforts, such as test case creation, trainings, and readiness reviews for projects and major planned releases.
- Participate in functional demonstrations of system changes alongside development team and business analysts (system and project).
- Ensure that all entrance and exit criteria to begin User Acceptance Testing have been met and track via the User Acceptance Checklist.
- Provide weekly User Acceptance statuses on test execution and bugs to all stakeholders.
- Obtain formal/written User Acceptance (approval) from stakeholders
- 5+years’ experience in business and/or data analysis including end-to-end testing required
Compentencies, Knowledge, & abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to all levels of management
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups at multiple levels in a constructive and collaborative manner; including working across Group Companies
- Outstanding strategic insight to understand and consider relevant organizational / departmental impacts of decisions and departmental growth strategy.
- Subject matter expertise-level working experience in problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong time management skills to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Extensive understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance terminologies and processes is preferred
- Hands on/ working experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps preferred
- Bachelor Degree (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business)
- Business analysis or quality assurance certifications preferred
- Certified Scrum Master or Agile [methodology] designation a plus
ITIL certification(s) a plus