Warehouse Clerk in St Petersburg, FL
$18 per Hour Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm
Ensures product is shipped to customers in accordance with sales order requests by reviewing, preparing and processing shipping documents.
- Handles a wide variety of paperwork including purchase orders, return authorizations, delivery notes and other shipping papers.
- Reviews all delivery notes for “Special Instructions” and highlights them for the Warehouse Associates.
- Prepares all special labels for customer orders.
- Provides information to Customer Service Representatives when requested.
- Schedules inbound as well as outbound loads.
- Provides timely and professional communication with carriers, 3rd party logistics companies and internal as well as external customers.
- Utilizes various screens in ERP system to print pick lists, confirm and post orders as well as determine order information such as carrier, ship date, pro number, etc.
- Ensure orders are shipped in time to arrive by the customer’s requested delivery date.
- Acts as a backup to other office personnel including the Office Lead, Inventory Specialist, Quality Specialist and Packaging Specialist.
- Works with the Transportation Planner to document and track carrier issues.
- Files paperwork as needed.
- Provides miscellaneous assistance as required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience with EPICOR or other business/transportation software.
- Prior Kaizen/ Lean Manufacturing experience.
Technical Role Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with individuals both internal and external.
- The ability to utilize various personal computers, which includes, but not limited to, spreadsheets, word processing, word processing, and database software.
- The ability to work with and maintain information of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Must be very flexible to ever-changing workloads and responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- Sitting at workstation approximately 15 percent of work time. Standing and walking approximately 85 percent of work time.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% of work time.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Typical office environment with shelves overhead and above work surfaces.
- Moderate/heavy exposure to heat and excessive noise.
- Ability to wear required PPE including hearing protection, safety glasses and steel/composite toe shoes.
- Some overtime and occasional weekends required.