New College Grads welcome!! Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist for company in the Food Industry. Long term Contract Offering $17/hr. Located in Irvine, CA (close to 405/55)
Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist Duties:
- Reconciles and applies Cash Receipts daily from checks, wire transfer and EFT, balances receipts to backup, troubleshooting discrepancies as needed.
- Applies payments to customer accounts and creates deduction
- Account reconciliation
- Processes credit adjustments as needed
- Creates check requests for vendor repayment when needed
- Assists with month end closing
- Identifies all unpaid invoices at 30 days or more for all orders shipped to customers.
- Contacts customers request payment on past due invoices
- Keeps in-house sales managers up-to-date on accounts that are experiencing payment problems for the purpose of placing holds on the accounts.
- Generates weekly a listing of each account with past due invoices totaling over one thousand dollars, and includes remark as appropriated briefly stating the payment status of each past due invoice.
Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist Requirements:
- 6 months years of Accounts Receivable
- Competent in use of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Able to learn and use company SAP and other related software competently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to deal with customers by phone in a professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up.