A Jewelry Manufacturing company is hiring a Jr Accountant located in Cypress. This is a temporary to hire position. Offering $20-25/hr.
Jr Accountant Duties:
- Manages all aspects of corporate accounts payable (A/P) including review of supporting documentation (e.g., vendor invoices, PO receiving, employee expense reports, company credit card statements, wire requests); processing check run; recording and accuracy of A/P transactions; and serving as the primary contact for A/P inquiries.
- Maintain and reconcile company credit cards
- Process sales commissions
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in monthly and annual closing as required.
- Prepares and records journal entries for monthly closing.
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Manages the accounting records and files, including A/P, journal vouchers, bank statement reconciliations, investment account statements. Maintains an orderly accounting filing system
- Prepares the 1099 on an annual basis
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Assist in external financials, tax, and tax returns
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Jr Accountant Requirements:
- College graduate required
- 2 years Accounts Payable required
- Credit card reconciliation (a plus not a must).
- Knowledge and application of GAAP
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Collaborative work approach and positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills