Automobile Parts and Accessories company is looking for a Logistics Analyst to join our well-known client in the Fountain Valley area. This is a 6 month Contract position and is paying $25-27/hr. depending on experience. Please read through the description below and apply today for immediate consideration! Remote until further notice
Logistics Analyst Duties:
- Administer data processing for the Logistics department related to freight costs for Inbound & Outbound shipments through overseeing all Access database functions in the department.
- Provide all RFP and AMOS data through gathering and analyzing shipment history and freight costs of approx. $80 million+ annually.
- Audit and report the expense of international and domestic transportation versus budgeted amounts through weekly and monthly reporting.
- Maintain transportation expense via data obtained from web reporting and query data to explain cost trends. Administer, communicate and prepare MPA freight payment expense reporting for HMA/KMA.
- Monitor service transit times reported from carrier web sites.
- Manage carrier RFP and vendor RFP specification and processes.
- SME on Access database processes and involvement in special projects relating to cost studies as needed by management.
- Download and analyze Access and Amos data warehouse data for projects and MPA management reporting.
- Administer the monthly MPA cost analysis for MPA management review.
- Provide ad hoc reports and cost studies as needed by management.
- Administer Carrier RFP bid processes and routing management summary as requested. Recommend carriers/vendors based on service/cost comparisons.
- Create and maintain new and existing Access databases for HMA and KMA data.
- Complete MPA Academy training requirements.
Logistics Analyst Requirements:
- B.S. or B.A. in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain Management or other related field.
- 3+ year’s in related logistics activities such as freight rates, freight bill auditing and other including LTL and FTL, sea/air/land carrier related activities.
- Advance Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- Advance MS Access
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication, customer service and vendor relationship skills