Well known company in the in the Health and Beauty industry is looking for an HR & Benefits Specialist for our client in Irvine. Temp to Hire, partial remote and offering $33-36/hr.
HR & Benefits Specialist Duties:
- The HR & Benefits Specialist handles and provides support for various HR related functions to include, acting as a key liaison between employees and benefit and/or retirement carriers, providing administrative support to the HR team (e.g., employee changes, file maintenance, updates to the HRIS system, LOA tracking) and collaborates closely with other members of the team.
- Provide daily support to the HR team by processing employee changes timely, managing benefit and retirement programs, and managing programs such as Tuition Reimbursement, Employment Verifications and New Employee Onboarding.
- Benefit program management will include completing benefits billing with strict deadlines, responding to escalated inquiries and management of all benefit program materials.
- Administers responses to general HR inquiries as well as managing HR related items, including but not limited to: processing employee changes, recognition program, tuition reimbursement, employment verifications, electronic file management, electronic New Hire Document management, Exit documents, Unemployment, LOA tracking, etc.)
- Provides a great experience, by facilitating New Employee Onboarding Administers the organization’s benefits programs (e.g. medical, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, and 401k plans) including auditing plan documents, reviewing employee eligibility and administering accurate and timely audit, reconciliation and submission of monthly benefits billing Manages annual Open Enrollment process and ensures plan documents are accurate
HR & Benefits Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience 3-5 years’ experience in benefits administration experience
- Knowledge of HRIS systems, such as ADP Workforce Now
- Proficient to advanced skills in MS Word and PowerPoint, MS Excel (ability to do VLOOKUP)
- Must be self-motivated and customer centric Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting team member benefit programs Strong ethics and discretion (this role deals with confidential and sensitive information, they must be stewards of ethics and be discrete)
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Experience with fully insured and self-insured plans a plus
- Experience with Leave of Absence and Workers’ Compensation programs a plus