RemX Staffing is working with a large international organization based in Kennesaw, GA that has a network of 340 strategic locations across 30 countries and more than 38,000 employees. They are in need of an experienced Senior Accountant to support their company on a contract basis.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
- Oversee and perform accounting activities related to cost of acquiring and maintaining our traditional (non-fleet equipment) assets. This includes adding cost of newly acquired asset to the fixed assets sub-ledgers, retiring of disposed assets, transfers of assets between various FA sub-ledgers.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to record depreciation expense, retirement, and transfers of assets.
- Analyzes and reconcile the general ledger accounts related to the fixed assets assets registers.
- Assists in all aspects of the monthly financial close process including processing journal entries for computers and vehicles allocation charges for multiple operating locations and capital purchase orders accruals.
- Assist with the quarterly review and annual audit by preparing schedules, resolving questions, etc.
- Prepare fixed assets analysis and financial reports as may be requested by management .
- Identify and communicate any suggestions for improvement to the internal control environment including policy and process changes