Excellent part-time hours!
Seeking someone with prior Insurance Authorizations
experience for about 90 days, possibly a bit longer to start right away! Pay is $13-14/hr depending on experience, and the hours can be a bit flexible, around 10-3pm, 5.5 hours.
Job Description –
- Responsible for verification, prior authorization, and Recertification of insurance.
- Obtains a Prior Authorization and or Recertification when required by the insurance company.
- Enters patient and all pertinent information in the computer.
- Negotiates pricing with case managers when required under the supervision of the Business Office Manager.
- Communicates with the direct supervisor and the area supervisor concerning problems with insurance, authorization, and self-pay portions at time of admittance.
- Ensures that changes/problems involving patients financially are communicated to the Reimbursement Staff.
- Maintains an extensive knowledge of payor requirements and governmental regulations as is essential for the handling of patient accounts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- This position reports to Intake & Medical Records Coordinator.
- HS diploma or GED required.
Please Apply to be Considered!