Our client has an immediate need for 3 Computer Configuration Technicians. The available shifts are Noon to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday, 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm Monday through Friday and 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday with 20 additional hours during the week.
These are entry level positions but computer knowledge is required and CompTIA A+ certification is strongly preferred.
- Unpacks appropriate CPU (Central Processing Unit), hardware and software and then installs each at default or to custom specifications.
- Tests configured systems for appropriate functioning and troubleshoots for any errors found.
- Completes all required documentation of installation including a quality assurance sheet to ensure accurate billing with respect to warranty contract, proper processing of defective products and timely vendor returns and reimbursements.
- Follows customer personal computer system hardware and software specifications based on the configuration services being performed and the instructions supplied (on-line instructions, config. sheets).
- Complies with departmental training certification requirements based on config, level by job function,
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning units using efficient problem solving techniques and departmental procedures.
- Researches hardware and software literature to keep abreast on new product/service developments and announcements.
Works with Lead Technicians on difficult to solve problems or configurations.