Do you have experience in Medical Check Out? RemX is in search for someone that is interested in checking out patients for a great medical office.
MEDICAL CHECK OUT
- Check out patients and complete the patient tracking in the EMR.
- Schedule patient appointments within operational standards and documents appropriately.
- Collect outstanding balances, coinsurances, deductibles, copays and self pay balances that are owed at the time of checkout.
- Accurately post payments and provide receipts to patients.
- Reconcile individual daily receipts and money collected with end of day reports to confirm money balances and then prepare individual deposit.
- Collect end of day reports and deposits from Check-In staff and Audiologist Assistants.
- Reconcile deposit for other staff members to confirm deposits balance. Then prepare a group balance and takes the nightly deposit to the bank once balanced. Following protocols established by practice.
- Batch credit card machine at the end of every day.
- Orders the diagnostic testing, obtains benefits and authorizations, and schedules the test.
- Schedules CT Sinus testing in-house when available, obtain benefits and authorizations, document and inform patients of their financial responsibility.
- Schedule Vestibular testing in-house, obtain benefits and authorizations, document and inform patients of their financial responsibility.
- Obtain referrals for outstanding services that were not able to be obtained prior to visit due to insurance requirements.
- Obtain signed surgery consent forms for fractional surgery center ownership. Scan in chart the same day.
- Fax dictations to all referring and primary care doctors for all new patients and established patients that have been cc’d to a specific doctor.
- Export clinical summaries per the Meaningful Use guidelines established by the practice protocols. ? Notify and promote the patient portal with the patients.
All associates will need:
- Covid/Flu vaccines
- Background check
- Drug Screen
- OIG Check