**ATTN: RECENT ACCOUNTING GRADUATES OR 1-2 YEAR EXPERIENCED DEGREED ACCOUNTANTS!!!**
A growing West Knoxville financial services company is adding to its Accounting team due to growth!
THEY ARE WILLING TO TRAIN RECENT ACCOUNTING/FINANCE GRADUATES.
If you want to join a company hiring for a multi-faceted, fast-paced role, this job could be for you. Company is ready to interview and hire! Long-standing company with tenured employees and financially stable.
This full-time role will work ONSITE at their West Knox/Farragut location. The Accountant will perform complex clerical, bookkeeping, and accounting assignments in a multiple company environment.
Assist CFO in intercompany transactions and other assigned accounting tasks.
- Prior experience working in a complex multiple company environment in a similar position.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Highly proficient with accounting software.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PDF proficiency.
- Inter and Intra-company entries for established companies.
- Journal Entries Creates and posts journal entries as needed or as directed.
- Moderately complex account reconciliations on a monthly/weekly basis.
- Variance research and explanation.
- Maintaining the General Ledger.
- Banking/cash-related entries and reconciliations (i.e. interest, ACH/wire transfers, check management).
- Transferring funds / managing multiple bank accounts
- Client billings and maintenance.
- Credit card reconciliation for established companies.
- Entering accounts payable - coding and input.
- Maintaining fixed asset records.
- Assist with month-end financial close process, including preparation of monthly journal entries, bank and balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Participate in special projects and prepare ad-hoc reports as required.
- Review chart of account for changes needed to scale current and future growth and then report to CFO.
- Incorporate process improvements and corrective actions on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor internal controls and, when needed, update documentation and implement change.
- Document standard operating procedures (SOPs) on assigned responsibilities.
- Other reporting and projects as assigned by CFO.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Three to five years of accounting experience required.
- Advanced computer proficiency
$50-60K plus great benefits. Apply today!