Immediate Opening in PAYROLL!
Turn Your Dream Job into a Reality!
Ready to apply your positive attitude and passion for delivering great employee experiences in a job where you’ll enjoy opportunities to learn and grow? Let’s do this! We have an immediate need for an Payroll Specialist for a Contract-to-Hire position where you will play an essential role in supporting employees across this leading organization. Receive great pay and benefits while advancing your career. Apply Now!
Payroll Specialist Job Purpose:
Payroll Specialists are responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll and other payroll related functions such as, but not limited to: reviewing and approving payroll for the company, answering questions from team members, researching errors, auditing, processing VOE's. Experience processing customer TIPS is highly desirable!!
Payroll Specialist Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing biweekly payroll by verifying information from timesheets against earnings statements.
- Receive, review and process employee self-service transactions.
- Ensure deductions, earnings and exemptions are accurate. Research errors and contact department personnel for making corrections as needed.
- Follows established policies and procedures to process timesheets, auditing reports and submitting payroll for processing.
- Finalize the payroll cycle by running various audits, troubleshooting any issues and submitting payroll before our payroll processing deadline.
- Utilizes various software programs to audit, research and retrieve information necessary for accurate payroll processing.
- Audit and maintain Team Member payroll profiles in HCM system, including deductions, tax withholdings and other changes following established procedures.
- Review and correct daily tip exceptions on Casino Cash Trac.
- Reconcile and analyze various payroll general ledger accounts, process month-end journal entries and submit adjusting journal entries to correct errors as needed.
- Complete verification of employment requests from various sources and EDD benefit audits, amongst other requests.
- Address Team Member questions or concerns regarding payroll in a timely and friendly manner.
- Assist the Payroll Manager or Payroll Supervisor by completing special projects as directed.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Proficiency in Human Capital Management (HCM) systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent data entry skills with a high level of accuracy
- Analytical and able to communicate effectively in the English language
- Ability to work in a professional environment, respecting others
- Ability to interact efficiently with a diverse team
- Trustworthy, honest and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize assignments and be organized
- Prior experience with Ceridian’s Dayforce HCM program
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1 year payroll experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- FCP or CPP certifications