Medical Billing Specialist
Fast growing and employee friendly company, with an exciting opportunity for Medical Billing Specialist in our recently acquired Langhorne location. We are currently and temporarily located in our Northeast Philadelphia office. We are seeking a candidate who wants to work in a friendly and safe office environment. The Billing Specialist works with insurance and billing companies to determine the method of payment for patients. Working in this position requires a strong attention to detail and a high level of familiarity with clerical and office processes.
Medical Billing Specialist Role and Responsibilities:
- Contacts patients to collect payments, set up payments
- Research account specifics to complete necessary follow-up actions
- Ensure confidentiality of all patients by following HIPPA guidelines
- Adheres to compliance of CMS and other payer guidelines
- Post any payments from patients by check, cash or credit card
- Copies appropriate insurance information to submit with billing.
- Updates insurance information and Financial Class.
- Communicate daily with management on patient trends identified
- Sends all necessary information and documents to payer.
- Attends in-services, education sessions and department meetings as scheduled.
- Print and mail invoices to patients
- Performs other duties as necessary to assist in the functioning of the department.
Medical Billing Specialist Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited High School
Medical Billing Specialist Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to exercise judgment and make decisions.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with patients, physicians, clients, coworkers, and management staff.
- Ability to perform in a high productivity, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to document accurately and concisely.
- Excellent phone and computer skills.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information in confidence
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize diverse responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel
- Organized and detail-oriented