Insurance Authorizations Clerk
a Covenant Health facility - West Knox
Currently seeking an Insurance Authorization Clerk for a Covenant Health facility near the West Town Mall area. This position in temp to hire and pays $14/hr. The hours are M-F, 8:30am-5pm.
Full Vaccination is now required.
This company offers an excellent/competitive benefits package, rewards their associates through incentive potential, and boasts of an extremely desirable culture!
- Responsible for verification, prior authorization, and Recertification of insurance.
- Obtains a Prior Authorization and or Recertification when required by the insurance company.
- Enters patient and all pertinent information in the computer.
- Negotiates pricing with case managers when required under the supervision of the Business Office Manager.
- Communicates with the direct supervisor and the area supervisor concerning problems with insurance, authorization, and self-pay portions at time of admittance.
- Ensures that changes/problems involving patients financially are communicated to the Reimbursement Staff.
- Maintains an extensive knowledge of payor requirements and governmental regulations as is essential for the handling of patient accounts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- This position reports to Intake & Medical Records Coordinator.
- HS diploma or GED required
Please apply today to be considered!