Supervisor Administrative Services
Remx is hiring a Supervisor for a growing downtown Knoxville healthcare company.
The company offers an excellent benefit package; 401(k) medical, dental, and vacation time.
Hours are Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm!
The Supervisor Administrative Services plans, directs, coordinates and controls the work of patient check-in/check-out and registration staff in direct collaboration with the clinical leaders. The Supervisor Administrative Services is responsible for staff adherence to policies and procedures integral to the clerical functions of the Fort Sanders Perinatal Center and its clinics. This position requires an integral working relationship with the clinical leaders, business office, and providers.
Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria:
1. Provide supervision and evaluation (including corrective action, if indicated) of staff. Serves as resource and trainer for all non-clinical staff at all locations and able to perform duties if needed in any office location.
2. Coordinate patient registration/scheduling policies and procedures with billing and clinical supervisors to achieve optimal front-end financial performance, patient confidentiality and consents, patient flow to clinical areas, and patient satisfaction. Assures staff adherence to policies and procedures.
3. Assist in the development of policies and procedures, quality assurance programs, and safety standards.
4. Actively participates in collection of quality data and provides feedback and actions for constant improvement.
5. Work in collaboration with the Practice Manager to accomplish essential administrative duties including, but not limited to, assistance with budget preparation, coordination of purchasing and expenses, running reports and tracking statistical data using Excel and graphs, payroll, and other office duties when needed.
6. Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and review of current literature.
7. Actively strives to keep pace with technological changes and development of knowledge in area of responsibility.
8. Possesses and utilizes necessary knowledge and skills to perform the job.
9. Assists in reviewing job descriptions and completion of evaluations for staff. Implement and document disciplinary actions for employees as appropriate
10. Effectively manages time and meets assigned deadlines. Plans, organizes and coordinate activities within areas supervised.
11. Establishes and maintains high standards of quality of work performed within area of responsibility defining patient care standards. Serves as role model for staff.
12. Delegates work effectively and retain appropriate controls and responsibility for assigned functions.
13. Assist with recruiting and hiring necessary staff.
14. Responsible for staff scheduling ensuring adequate coverage to meet quality standard of patient care; coordinates vacations and specific requests for time off.
15. Maintains a collaborative working relationship with physicians, staff, and leadership, as well as outside customers.
16. Provide leadership in solving problems. Works to maintain an adhesive team.
17. Demonstrate interest in position by attendance, dependability, cooperativeness and positive social presence.
18. Performs effectively under conditions of uncertainty, demands of time, pressure and opposition in the face of personal stress.
19. Responds to shifting of priorities and conditions of constant or sudden change.
20. Assesses customer satisfaction and follow with resolution of complaints.
21. Models appropriate standards and behaviors at all times, demonstrating a positive attitude in all interactions.
22. Offers assistance without a direct request or assignment.
23. Refers situations beyond scope of ability to appropriate person.
24. Ensures safe working environment and encourages safe work habits.
25. Plans and encourages appropriate in-service education for staff.
26. Schedule and coordinate regular administrative staff meeting.
27. Assists in ordering supplies for department/satellites as needed.
28. Conduct self in a professional matter; including appearance, actions and demeanor at all times