Our client has an immediate need for a Database Administrator. This is a 100% remote opportunity.
This should only be 6 months concentrated on the windows 2012 server migrations, inventorying of servers and all components. If there is time we will be working on the new lower environment as well and extend into other administrative areas
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Small-Medium sized environment with less than 20 Database Servers and less than 160 Windows Servers
- Experience Windows Upgrades and Application Migrations
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Installation, configuration, performance tuning, maintenance, and Database Administration
- Develop centralized performance and security monitoring methods
- Implementation of High Availability / Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Implementation of multiple Windows Server and SQL upgrades / migrations
- Ensure standards and compliance for all windows servers.
- Be well organized and focused with effective communication skills.
Demonstrate a Strong understanding of Database and Windows Server Configurations associated with windows area. Communication methods for .NET, File Transfer, SQL interactions, Load Balancing, High Availability and Disaster Recovery Designs and Techniques.
- 5+ years – Windows / Application Administration\
- 5+ years – PowerShell
- 3+ years - SQL Server Administration
- 2+ years - SQL Server – T-SQL