RemX is partnered with a Medical Center in Baldwin Hills to hire a Medical Assistant in their Psychiatry Department. The successful Medical Assistant (front and back office) will handle patient services and administrative responsibilities, while always maintaining professionalism when interacting with providers, coworkers, patients, family members and the public. Project a pleasant and friendly image, reflecting Company’s core values.
- Facilitate communication between the patient and the provider.
- Collect and share pertinent information with provider.
- Receive and act on directives from provider.
- Prepare patient for visit with provider, including rooming patients, obtaining and documenting vitals, reviewing intake paperwork, pulling up radiology images, removing dressing, procedure set-up, injection prep, accurate data entry into EMR.
- Maintain exam room standards. Rooms should be restocked at the end of each clinic day. Rooms and tables should be cleaned as needed during clinic and at the end of each day.
- Monitor biohazard and sharps containers and replace as needed.
- Assist the provider prepare patient prescriptions and complete medical and patient forms (i.e., work release, FMLA, etc.).
- Prepare patient electronic charts for clinic visits prior to date of service.
- Verify any outstanding testing results are in EMR, confirm appropriateness of patient to provider (body part and/or insurance), note imaging, DME or casting needed prior to provider visit on date of service.
- Scan clinical documents into EMR.
- Ensure patient receives education as indicated by provider.
- Create and promote positive patient experience.
- Maintain HIPAA compliant environment.
Work with us and Apply Today!