Senior Internal Auditor opportunity with a FANTASTIC organization in North County area! This is a unique opportunity with an established company that takes great care of their employees. Great opportunity with excellent pay and benefits. Direct hire, offering $100k to 120k DOE.
Senior internal auditors examine and monitor a company's finances. They manage the auditing team and are responsible for overseeing the full audit cycle, developing auditing strategies, and creating solutions to make the company's financial processes more effective.
Senior Internal Auditor Responsibilities:
- Leading the full audit cycle by checking tax compliance, verifying financial records, and inspecting accounts.
- Analyzing the results of the audit and presenting possible solutions for ineffective financial practices to management.
- Evaluating company accounting procedures, payroll, inventory, and tax statements to guide financial policymaking.
- Conducting risk assessments to recommend aversion measures and cost savings.
- Following up with management to ensure remediation's are implemented into the company's financial practices.
- Supervising junior auditing personnel and implementing their research work into the auditing process.
- Understanding of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing (GAAS) principals
- Understanding of internal control concepts (COSO, COBIT)
- Researching applicable federal and state laws and regulations to ensure the company's books are compliant.
Senior Internal Auditor Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in accounting or auditing.
- Strong knowledge of auditing standards, procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills and working knowledge of auditing software, such as CAMS and AuditBoard.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.