Directly involved with the activities of the network design, functionality and monitoring to ensure consistency and integration of the Company's information requirements and technical business objectives, including the planning, configuration, installation, and management of network systems.
Comply, develop and enhance network standards in compliance with FFIEC, NIST, NCUA and other governing bodies.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide monitoring, performance management, administration, and engineering support of wide area networking equipment including security infrastructure.
- Maintains multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities, managing network communication vendors and associated service levels.
- Secures network systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access levels.
- Provide monitoring, performance management, administration, and engineering support to windows servers (physical and virtual).
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with internal and partnered network resources on network optimization.
- Collaborates on networking environment through designing system configuration; system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards. Designs, sets up and configures complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Configures and sets up Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Support Network Administration to comply with service levels and manage individual work queue of escalated tickets and provide backup assistance as needed.
- Provide coverage within the IT Support area, supporting employees and meeting service levels