Handle high profile customer accounts, field sales personnel, and internal departments as it relates to product availability, shipping status, pricing resolution, metrics reporting, and customer collaboration initiatives. As the single point of contact, ensures seamless execution of our supply chain through continuous improvement, professionalism, teamwork and ongoing customer collaboration. Consistently demonstrates the company values and culture of excellence characteristics of personal accountability and shared accountability.
- Reviews and manages domestic customer sales orders, at risk products for domestic and international clients from order creation to order delivery based on existing SOPs and guidelines.
- Works in partnership with other key groups within the Supply Planning and Demand Planning departments to manage customer collaboration relationships in the Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), Collaborative Planning and Forecasting Requirements (CPFR) processes.
- Complex analysis of order fulfillment to retain a concise focus on maintaining perfect order index metrics. Collaborates with appropriate cross functional areas to ensure that on time product delivery and first time unit fill metrics are met.
- Validates and analyzes order information for adequate lead times, pricing and terms. Resolves pricing issues, reviews unprocessed EDI transactions in order to make corrections and successfully convert data to orders. Assists the Credit and Finance departments with chargebacks / customer deductions resolution.
- Investigates and resolves system identified order holds, negotiates and corrects inadequate lead times on inbound customer orders with customer and /or internal system set up.
- Manages the product allocation process by pro-actively communicating product shortages and recovery dates internally and externally.
- Prepares routine / customized metrics reports for product availability, quality holds, and shipping status.
- Reviews and analyzes container / load configuration for domestic and international shipments.
- Creates and delivers presentations, data or information for customer visits and internal small or large diverse audiences.
- Participates in teams and projects regarding department processes and customer relationship management activities with other customer service staff members
- Reviews eligibility of return requests and prepares customer return authorizations for processing.
- Maintains all customer specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Other related duties as assigned.
Requires one-two years of college, a Bachelor’s degree is preferred or
Requires three to five years direct customer account service experience in a consumer packaged goods company. Experience in manufacturing industry selling to domestic and international retailers preferred. Experience working with freight forwarders, expeditors, logistics, and transportation preferred. Working knowledge of VMI and CPFR preferred. Working knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise One software preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills required for calculating and reporting department metrics.
- Mathematical competency required to calculate averages and percentages.
- High level of proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint for the purpose of preparing reports & presentations
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organization and follow up skills to multi-task, set priorities, and handle high pressure situations to meet aggressive deadlines.
Willingness to travel 10 – 15% out-of-state travel.
- Industry and specific field Membership (CRM/CSCP) affiliations preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills to interface with external and internal customers.
Frequent, intermittent, intense and/or close attention to detail. Fairly tedious. Fast-paced office with heavy phones and frequent deadlines for assignment.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is negligible.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.