Company: Family Health Center at Associates in Resource Management
Title: Special Contracts Biller
Pay rate: $18.00
Address: 9200 Shelbyville Road Louisville, Kentucky 40222
The Medical Biller works to meet A/R targets and department measures to ensure successful and timely collection of payments and understand the core elements necessary for billing for specialties.
• Review industry transmittals and changes related to the specialties billed.
• Monitor reimbursement and regulatory issues with Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement.
• Ensure compliance with industry standards, HIPAA Privacy, Federal and State regulations.
• Processes secondary billing as needed.
• Processes physician billing daily.
• Ensures accurate transmission of daily billing and electronic filing.
• Utilizes online look-up and processing capabilities to monitor claims and resolve issues to expedite reimbursement.
• Generates corrections and re-billing efforts if needed.
• Enter write-offs or adjustments as appropriate.
• Posts and reconciles all payments and ensures balancing posting back to accounting.
• Monitors progress with aging reports and ensures timely follow up.
• Maintain all assigned billing responsibilities.
• Maintain current knowledge of CMS regulations and changes.
• Follows up and analyzes outstanding patient accounts and takes necessary action to clear the account.
• Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
• Maintains confidentiality of all information; always abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines.
• Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
Some coding classes experiences necessary