Strategic Sourcing Category Manager -
The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager is responsible for managing the entire value chain of a portfolio of critical raw materials specifically packaging and fish oils. Highly prefer a background in chemicals/biologics and/or nutraceuticals. This includes supply chain risk analysis, development of vendor portfolio strategy, category strategies, risk analysis, supplier selection, negotiations, and New Project Development (NPD) support. This role will support a portfolio of approx. $ 30 – 50 M in annual spend.
• Works with internal stakeholders and suppliers to identify and deliver on cost savings opportunities annually as well as to develop a pipeline for future savings.
• Sources and selects suppliers, negotiates prices, and recommends purchases, to obtain the best possible prices while adhering to quality specifications, service demands and supplier innovation opportunities.
• Prepares and presents portfolio category and supply chain strategies to cross functional audience including Managers, Directors, and Vice Presidents.
• Actively supports New Product Development process by bringing new items and technologies from external sources.
• Provides company with market intelligence on portfolio items as well as marketplace trends.
• Serves as a liaison between other departments and Sourcing team to ensure adequate supplies of materials are available on hand when needed. • Interfaces with Planning, Marketing, Innovation Team, R&D, Regulatory, Quality Control Department, Technical Operations and supplier to resolve quality issues