A highly regarded healthcare organization has an urgent need for 1 Registered Nurse in the West LA area. This position will be in the pulmonary department
If you are passionate about serving others and take pride in your career as an RN - THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR YOU!!
Schedule: Day shift, 40 hours per week
Registered Nurse Responsibilities:
- Providing care and treatment of patients with lung diseases or respiratory conditions such as asthma, pneumonia, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema, tuberculosis, and lung cancer.
- Providing frequent hemodynamic monitoring, oxygen therapy, and mechanical ventilation for respiratory distress or pulmonary failure to patients
- Pulmonary nurses care for medical and surgical patients, spanning many other specialties including neonatal, pediatrics, neurology, trauma/burn, critical care and emergency, to name a few.
- Using the nursing process, provides ongoing assessment of the nursing care needs of a defined group of patients. Uses nursing diagnosis to describe this assessment.
- Develops a written plan of care for patient care needs.
- Determines priorities of patient care based on essential patient needs and available resources.
- Provides nursing interventions safely and competently.
- Provides the patient and family/significant others with information preceding interventions.
- Provides telephone consultation to patients and family/significant others Provides ongoing evaluation of the patients response to care.
- Anticipates and recognizes changes in the patients status and need for nursing care.