Local Clinic in need of Pharmacy Technicians for their ONSITE pharmacy
- Pay starting at $16 hourly
- 8am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday no weekends or holidays
- Weekly Pay
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Receives prescriptions from patients and providers.
- Assists pharmacist(s) in filling prescriptions by counting tablets, pouring liquids and preparing medications for dispensing.
- Enters prescription information into and interprets data from the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Communicates with patients, providers, other health care personnel and authorized outside agencies regarding prescription information.
- Provides accurate times to patients for when their prescriptions will be ready.
- Maintains pharmacy records, reference texts, and other files as required by pharmacy and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Assists in completion of all billing activities.
- Processes prescription claims through insurance companies.
- Receives and processes cash, check, and credit card payments.
- Maintains appropriate stock levels within work area.
- Checks expiration dates on pharmacy inventory and promptly notifies pharmacist of any outdated drugs and/or supplies.
- Serves as cashier and prepares money deposits and end-of-day cashier reports.
- Completes daily “return to stock” reports.
- Participates in quality improvement/quality control activities.
- Refers problems or situations requiring professional judgment to a pharmacist.
- High school graduation or its equivalent.
- Six months of experience as a Pharmacy Technician OR One year of experience in a healthcare setting working with prescription drugs and other medications.
- Must obtain a Pharmacy Technician certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) prior to the end of the probationary period and maintain certification throughout employment at FHC.
- Must be registered with the KY Board of Pharmacy and maintain registration throughout employment.
- Or An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted, as determined applicable by Civil Service.
- Must be vaccinated
Apply today and send resume to Charity.Berckner@RemX.com and mention pharmacy