Local Clinic in need of dental office specialist
- $15 hourly
- 8am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday no weekends or holidays
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assists new and established patients in obtaining dental records from previous providers.
- Identifies patients with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) and/or other communication barriers and uses appropriate interpretive services. Documents as appropriate on the dental record, forms, and/or computer the required documentation related to language services.
- Inventories and orders dental office supplies.
- Adheres to standard precautions.
- Receives patients and directs them to the appropriate area.
- Schedules patient appointments in the Practice Management System (PMS).
- Answers telephone promptly and directs calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Records patient cancellations and no-shows in the PMS.
- Verifies and records patient demographics and medical history.
- Initiates dental charts for new patients.
- Identifies and copies patients’ dental insurance plans.
- Maintains a daily log of patients.
- Collects and processes cash, check, and credit cards payments.
- Prepares daily cash report and balances cash drawer at the end of each shift.
- Provides information on FHC patient programs, policies, and procedures.
- Manages appointments for multiple providers and rooms.
- Confers with on-site personnel to work same-day patients into daily schedule.
- Collects patient intake information and enters it into the PMS.
- Schedules patient appointments in the PMS.
- Relays messages regarding provider visits and services to the appropriate personnel.
- Processes requests for referrals.
- Sends referrals to the appropriate providers.
- Maintains referrals in the patient record.
- High school graduation or its equivalent.
- Six months of clinical/clerical experience in a health care setting -OR- certification from a dental receptionist training program or Allied Health training program.
- OR an equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted, as determined applicable by Civil Service.
- Must be vaccinated
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
Apply today and send resume to Charity.Beckner@Remx.com and mention dental office