Temporary with potential of a perm position
$30.00 an hour
Oak Ridge, TN
This position provides a variety of technical work for the IS Department including, but not limited to providing support to the end users by troubleshooting and correcting hardware, software, and network connectivity problems; installing PC’s and peripherals; and configuring other electronic devices. Primary role is addressing help desk requests for IT system issues, changes, or projects.
This position you would be working firsthand with help desk from a hands-on perspective. They would possess working knowledge of Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, operating systems, PC’s etc. If you have knowledge of servers, backups, VEEAM, VMWare, and some networking this might be the position for you.
• Installs, configures and administers networked PC operating systems.
• Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
• Analyzes and troubleshoots problems of computer users with applications, procedures, software, and hardware company wide.
• Remotes to end-user devices to troubleshoot problems with hardware and software.
• Troubleshoots problems of end users with applications, procedures, software, and hardware.
• Implements and maintains manufacturer updates and revisions to operating systems, software, application packages and utilities; installs these updates in such a way as to minimize inconvenience to users.
• Ensures end-point devices are protected by virus and malware protection software.
• Removes virus and malware from client owned computer hardware and other devices.
• Performs Help Desk support and answers Help Desk phones as needed.
• Configures/deploys desktop and laptop computers.
• Configures/deploys workgroup and desktop printers.
• Assists with setting up technical equipment for meetings, webinars and events.
• Provides assistance with IS supported hardware and applications in use by local and remote users across multiple sites.
• Provides support to all client computer and other electronic device users as needed.
• Implements and maintains manufacturer updates and revisions to operating systems, software, application packages and utilities.
• Provides imaging of desktops, laptops, and tablets to insure a standard and clean operating system with applications required.
• Provides help desk support as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.