A Engineering Manufacturer company is hiring a Project Accountant located in Anaheim. This is a 3 month contract position. Offering up to $40-48/hr. DOE.
The Project Accountant will be responsible for analyzing project performance and supporting the project teams and business operations with information and decision support for effective management. The Project Accountant will also be responsible for initiating project set-ups in the ERP system and producing timely billings to the customer in accordance with each contract.
Project Accountant Duties
Partner with project managers in tracking the scope of work vs work performed and provide decision support for effective project management.
- Coordinate with project managers to ensure the necessary data and support is available to prepare timely customer invoices and cash collections.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining projects in the Project Accounting module of the ERP system in accordance with contract requirements. Read and interpret contractual terms for the proper structure to collect labor and expenses.
- Monitor revenue recognition through Estimates-To-Complete using percentage of completion models.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of projects, revenue, unbilled AR, and general ledger.
- Maintain accounting files with established criteria and documentation.
- Generate and distribute invoices, customer statements, credit memos, etc. to internal or external customers.
- Assist with month-end and year-end GL close processes, and external audit requests around project accounting.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
Project Accountant Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of project accounting experience, revenue, and billing, in a manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field
- Hands-on experience setting up and maintaining projects with a work breakdown structure that supports effective project management and client invoicing requirements
- Strong understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition methods
- Must have strong Excel skills
- Team oriented and ability to work effectively across the organization
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft AX or Dynamics 365 ERP system is highly desired