A global multi-level marketing corporation located in Lake Forest is looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Representative to join their growing team. This is Direct Hire, RemX will be conducting all pre-screen interviews. Offering $60-70k DOE.
The Senior Accounts Payable Representative will process all material, services and other plant related invoices on a daily basis. Reconcile vendor statements on a monthly basis. Send out checks and file paid documents on a daily basis. Complete month-end responsibilities related to Accounts Payable.
Senior Accounts Payable Representative Responsibilities
- Process all invoices for plant operations, audit and review for proper account coding and validation. Monitor all prepayments. Rigorously adhere to the department’s procedures and controls approval by auditors.
- Close the AP module monthly; create and assist the Finance Team with AP related journal entries and accruals. Account Reconciliation for select AP account sub-ledger with the General Ledger Trial Balance.
- Reconcile vendor statements and AP Aging Report on a monthly basis. Monitor the AP Aging Report periodically within the month for past due invoices. Ensure that Credit Memos are received from suppliers for all RMA / RTV issues. Manage the Vendor Maintenance File.
- Resolve invoice processing issues and ensure that the 3-way matching system is fulfilled for payment validation and processing. Review the Hold Report periodically. This involves interaction and communication – both written and verbal with different departmental staff and management including Corporate GSS for coordination and approvals.
- Maintain a weekly “scorecard” for problem invoices and track how they are resolved.
- Audit invoices for proper sales tax application. Accrue Sales & Use Tax where applicable and maintain a Sales Tax Accrual log / spreadsheet on a monthly basis.
- Send out checks and file paid documents on a weekly basis. Provide payment updates to vendors / suppliers upon request.
- Assist with special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Assist in reconciling the un-vouchered receipts accounts – both for inventory and non-inventory items.
Senior Accounts Payable Representative Requirements
- 4 + years’ experience in Accounts Payable processing
- Experienced with automated accounting systems
- 2-year degree in accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills / Proficient with PC and applications including Windows, Excel
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision
- Ability to organize workload for effective implementation under general supervision
- Strong customer and results orientation
- Team player who is able to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial data