A leading manufacturer is looking to add on to the accounting team an Accounts Receivable Specialist. This is a great opportunity with a stable company that provides excellent pay and benefits. Temp to hire, located in Irvine. Offering $28.70/hr.
The Accounts Receivable Associate III will be responsible for processing system invoices in accordance with revenue recognition. Work with Sales Operations and Analytics and resolve any specific invoicing issues and/or discrepancies within the system in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate possesses strong verbal and written communication skills with proven accuracy and attention to detail, outstanding customer service, works well with a team, and has the ability to solve problems in a fast-paced work environment.
Accounts Receivable Duties:
- Full-cycle Accounts Receivable
- Create system invoices in accordance with specific invoicing criteria and sales recognition policies daily
- Create manual debit memos and credit memos, and process pro-forma invoices as requested
- Provide close communication with customers regarding payment information
- Support customer payment postings accurately and in a timely manner
- Communicate and follow up with customers regarding past due invoices
- Facilitate new customer requests with Sales Operations and Analytics, run DNBi reports, create new customer accounts in the system, and assist with new customer onboarding
- Partner with Sales Operations and Analytics (internally) and customers (externally) to ensure the highest level of professionalism and customer service in resolution for outstanding issues
- Account reconciliation for intercompany accounts
- Reconcile other Accounts Receivable accounts and commissions every month as well as total loss items
- Reduce manual accounting adjustments by collaborating with the Sales Operations and Analytics team to ensure accuracy of pricing, delivery charges, tax etc.
- Work with revenue recognition concepts in accounts receivable billing: timely billing, delivery charges etc.
- Creates monthly freight accrual and Top 10 customers
- Assist with accounts receivable reconciliation for high maintenance customer accounts (track billed units and payments)
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and provide prompt report to direct supervisor and finance management
Accounts Receivable Requirements:
• 5 years of Accounts Receivable experience in mid-sized company
• Associate degree or better
• Excellent knowledge of billing procedures
• Proficient in Excel and willingness to learn new systems
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills