TYPE: Full-time – 100% in office
WHY THIS COMPANY: Our client is a Global Freight Forwarding company. Associates will have the chance to work with a tenured team and the ability to grow into other levels of the business. With employees all over the world, our client prides themselves on diversity and a dynamic international culture.
YOUR DUTIES FOR THE OCEAN IMPORT SPECIALIST WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage and process import documents
- Create quotes for shipments and determine the best source of shipment
- Constant communication with overseas agents
- Provide planning and scheduling movement of shipments out of warehouse
- Track and trace ocean shipments, ensuring timely pick-up and arrival to destination
- Act as point of contact for customer regarding import or export shipments, providing status updates, shipment times, etc.
- Maintain shipment files to ensure billing is correct
- Communicate with customers timely and efficiently via phone and email
- Run reports via Excel (Using Pivot tables and V-Lookup) for client requests
HOW YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THE OCEAN IMPORT SPECIALIST:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 2 or more years of experience in ocean import required
- Understanding of Import Regulations or other government agency regulations that govern exports.
- Understanding of TSA regulations.
- Export forwarder experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook