A manufacturing company is seeking a Payroll Specialist located in El Cajon. This is a great opportunity with a stable company that provides excellent pay and benefits. This is a Contract to hire position and will be 100% on-site. Offering $26-28/hr. DOE
We are looking for an experienced payroll specialist to be responsible for all payroll-related tasks. In this role, your responsibilities will include collecting and reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating wages, preparing, and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records.
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit payroll accurately and in a timely manner. Maintain proper documentation for payroll changes. Ensure compliance with applicable payroll laws/regulations.
- Process and maintain all payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data into company HRIS system. Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers when necessary.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability and nontaxable wages.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping the information confidential.
- Assist with conducting additional accounting functions including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other related accounting/finance duties.
- Accounts receivable duties include collection of invoices, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts. Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve billing issues with customers.
- Accounts payable duties may include reviewing, validating and vouchering invoices into ERP system, investigating discrepancies, working with other AP Specialist and assisting in weekly payment cycles.
- Process and file Sales Tax filings for two CA locations
- Perform and assist with day to day accounting transactions including supporting month-end close, audit support and other transactional accounting functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Payroll Specialist Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in accounting a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of experiencing performing accounting functions including general accounting and payroll functions for a mid-size multi-site manufacturing operation.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the accounting field including but not limited to; payroll, costs, general ledger, and accounts payables and receivables.
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations governing accounting and financial activities.
- Knowledge of the various software applications supporting accounting functions including ERP and MRP systems.
- Advanced skills in using Excel and other Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint and Word.