We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Assistant for an opportunity in the Richmond, Virginia area.
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
• Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
• Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
• Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts, notifying customers of insufficient payments.
• Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
• Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
• Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation, issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
• Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.