Our client located in Chula Vista is looking for an Accountant II. This is a great opportunity with a stable company that provides excellent pay and benefits, this position will be 100% ONSITE. Direct Hire position offering $65K.
- Performs complex and technical accounting work in the maintenance and analysis of records of revenues, expenditures and special program/project funds; prepare analyses, schedules, journal vouchers and reconciliation to produce periodic financial reports in accordance with GAAP and other applicable accounting standards; makes recommendations and calculates allocation of program costs; analyzes cost data and prepares project accounting reports; reconciles major postings to source documents; audits and processes a variety of accounting documents.
- Prepares projections of revenues, budget estimates and supporting schedules; monitors and reports on budget and revenue account status; reviews and processes requests for budget adjustments; develops databases and analyses financial information; answers questions and compiles special reports for program and departmental use in budget tracking and reporting.
- Participates in preparation of monthly and special periodic financial reports and statements to program and agency management.
- Provides technical expertise, assistance and guidance to program and department management and other personnel in the analysis of budget, payroll, receivables, expenditures compliance of program requirements and other financial issues and discrepancies.
- Prepares or ensures the preparation of a variety of accounting and other statistical and narrative reports/statements required by federal, state, and local agencies and management; ensures that funds are budgeted, controlled, accounted for, reconciled and audited according to acceptable accounting practices and legal requirements; reviews financial transactions to assure conformance to agency, county, state and federal policies, rules, regulations and codes.
- May provide back-up support to Accountant I’s, Technicians and other accounting support staff in performing accounting entries; may work directly with staff from other departments to resolve technical accounting issues and problems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.? ??