The Sr. Forecast/Demand Planner Oversees the development, maintenance, and analysis of the finished goods forecast, and participates in the Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP), as well as contributing to special projects and other supply chain and business strategy initiatives. This role focuses on strategy, team capability, and process improvements. This highly collaborative role will be the key planning contributor in cross-functional teams. The Sr. Forecast/Demand Planner reports to the Demand Planning Manager and has no direct reports. Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
• Assists in the development of annual operating plan (AOP) and reconciles the current forecast with the AOP.
• Manage detailed risks, opportunities, and initiates bridge the gap opportunity discussions with Sales and Marketing.
• Collaborate cross-functional teams on projects such as new product launches, line extensions and product discontinuations.
• Shapes an assumption-based forecast through a collaborative, consensus-driven process that optimizes the balance between market opportunity and supply network capability.
• Diagnoses problems in the forecast by assessing the impact of variances of forecasted items and makes appropriate forecast adjustments.
• Proactively communicating supply risks and opportunities to key stakeholders.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated process improvement experience.
• Has a solid understanding of all data and its relationship to the forecast (demand, shipments, POS, base/incremental split).
• Interfaces with Sales, Marketing, Customer Marketing, and company customers to incorporate all aspects of market intelligence into the forecasting environment.
• In-depth understanding of the end-to-end supply chain.
• A deep understanding of the S&OP process.