We've asked 29,000 workers what matters most to them. Join our webinar on April 13th to find out what they said! Click here to read more.close
RemX is searching for a Medical Biller to oversee and assist with managing denials for Medicaid for our Medical Billing client located on the East End of Louisville.
The Medical Biller works to meet A/R targets and department measures to ensure successful and timely collection of payments and understand the core elements necessary for billing for specialties.
This specific position will be managing denials for Medicaid.
• Review industry transmittals and changes related to the specialties billed.
• Monitor reimbursement and regulatory issues with Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement.
• Ensure compliance with industry standards, HIPAA Privacy, Federal and State regulations.
• Processes secondary billing as needed.
• Processes physician billing daily.
• Ensures accurate transmission of daily billing and electronic filing.
• Utilizes online look-up and processing capabilities to monitor claims and resolve issues to expedite reimbursement.
• Generates corrections and re-billing efforts if needed.
• Enter write-offs or adjustments as appropriate.
• Posts and reconciles all payments and ensures balancing posting back to accounting.
• Monitors progress with aging reports and ensures timely follow up.
• Maintain all assigned billing responsibilities.
• Maintain current knowledge of CMS regulations and changes.
• Follows up and analyzes outstanding patient accounts and takes necessary action to clear the account.
• Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
• Maintains confidentiality of all information; always abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines.
• Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
2-4 years of medical billing or other medical field-related experience, including Medicare, Medicaid and other third parties required.
Certification desired but not required.