Our client in the Houston area is seeking a Staff Cost Accountant to join their team. This group offers a great benefit package! Apply today to speak with a recruiter.
- Maintain fixed asset system including acquisitions, dispositions and recording depreciation
- Prepare fixed asset reporting schedules for financial statements
- Analysis and reconciliation of inventory accounts including journal entries
- Work with the Controller's group to ensure a clean and timely month end close
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the cost coding and standard costing system
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Support budget and forecasting activities
- Coordinating internal & external audit requests for the department
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger close
- Assists in preparation of monthly management reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including Budget vs. Actual variance reports.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of experience
- Knowledge of ERP systems