Base Pay: 65.00 - 72.00
Our 260+ bed acute care medical center which employs more than 2,036 people and has a medical staff of more than 300 board-certified physicians is …
Our 260+ bed acute care medical center which employs more than 2,036 people and has a medical staff of more than 300 board-certified physicians is urgently seeking a Cath Lab Tech to support our center in Salinas Valley, CA.
Pay: $65 – $72 depending on experience
Schedule: 7:30AM – 4:00PM with some on-call after-hours and some weekends if needed.
Duration: 3+ months with possible extension
Works under the supervision of the Assistant Director Cardiology. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply and prescribe ionizing radiation for radiological procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Should be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
- Assists in performing diagnostic fluoroscopic angiographic procedures, coronary and peripheral interventions and Electrophysiology procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Assists in caring for patients in preparation for cardiac procedures. Assists in monitoring patient condition pre and post procedure. Reports changes in the patient’s condition to physician or R.N. for follow-up.
- Assists in preventative maintenance of Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory equipment. Reports all equipment malfunctions to assistant Director and calls for services if indicated.
- Assists with supply management.
- Works as an integral part of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory team, knowing the responsibilities of each team member and being able to perform these responsibilities as needed.
- Initiates effective CPR measures and is familiar with the location and use of all emergency equipment.
- Assists in implementing and maintaining the Q.I. program related to radiological equipment and on-going department initiatives.
- Adheres to established hospital safety standards by following safety procedures/techniques in utilizing equipment and supplies and in performing procedures and body mechanics as well as reporting any unsafe condition immediately to the patient care manager.
- Operates equipment according to the protocol of the procedure being performed. Assists physician with all Cath Lab procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of sterile technique.
- Pulls contrast media as appropriate for procedure.
- Should be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1+ year Cardiac Catheterization Lab experience.
- Graduate from a CAHEP accredited CVT program, or Completion of 2 years Radiologic Technology training program approved by AMA required.
- CRT and Fluoroscopy required Current BLS/Healthcare Provider status as per American Heart Association standards required. For CVT program graduates: Current BLS/Healthcare Provider status as per American Heart Association standards required.